Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dialect Vlog

I don't have such a cute little addition like That Wife, but nevertheless I wanted to take part in the Dialect Vlog. I enjoy hearing all the different pronounciations! Here is the "non-native speaker"- dialect (yes, I am fully aware that such a thing does not exist... at least not only one form ;) )



These are the words/questions:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
* body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
* groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy,

    it's me again. Isn't the spider you are looking for called "Daddy Longlegs"?

    I pronounced the words of the list with you and did most of them like you except for coupon and pecan, of course everything with a heavy Sandhausen-accent. :-)

    As for the dinosaur, to me he looks like a Dino Martin. Hahaha! (At my last vacation I bought a mountain lion and his name is actually John Cougar Mellencamp.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he looks like a Cedric. OK, I know, he isn't a crocodile, but nevertheless, there is something cedricish about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia: That's what several of the americans said as well - Daddy Longlegs. I heard one "Granddaddy Longlegs" as well.
    John Cougar Mellencamp? Classic! Love it.

    Thanks to both of you for the name suggestions... still pondering!

    ReplyDelete