Thursday, November 25, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie last monday.

These were my thoughts immediately afterwards




Did you see it already? Did you like it?
I liked it a lot and I can't wait to see part 2... and part 1 again.
I really want to pick up book 7 now and read the second half because (confession time) I hardly remember a thing. When I got the book, I brushed through it so quickly to find out how and if everything works out at the end... and then I never had the time to go back in read it again (slowly and thoroughly that time) as I intended. Maybe that's nice project for the christmas break.

2 comments:

  1. Keith and I went to see it last weekend and I thought it was great! I did mean to reread the book beforehand, but never got the chance. Maybe before Part 2 comes out. I agree with you about the camping...I'm glad it was there, but it was so drawn out as in the book. But it did give you the feeling of isolation that Harry and Hermione were feeling. I thought Hedwig's scene went by too fast (at the beginning), and the second to last scene was terribly sad...but I didn't cry! I thought I would (pregnancy hormones and all), but nope. What I didn't understand was how the Burrow came back. Remember how they burned it down in the last movie (even though that wasn't in the book)? There didn't seem to be any explanation. Was this a different director? If so, maybe he decided to ignore what was done in the last movie (which I really did not like). Anyhoo, I'm very excited about Part 2 next summer! But I'm also kind of sad knowing that it's all about to end. Was your movie in German?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hedwig's scene really went by in a flash (or in an "adava kedavra" ;) *lol* ). I think I wouldn't have noticed without the book. The whole Burrow thing... no idea why they even burned it down in the first place. But I think it looked different, so maybe really a new house. Yes, my movie was in German, I can't wait to see it again in English. And then part 2, wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete